MSOE Lending Library
The MSOE Model Lending Library is a collaborative project of the MSOE Center for BioMolecular Modeling (CBM), 3D Molecular Designs (3DMD), and the MSOE Walter Schroeder Library. The Library makes available, for short-term loan, many of the physical models produced by the CBM and 3DMD.
Due to the large increase in the use of MSOE Model Lending Library materials, it is strongly recommended that you request models well in advance. Materials will be provided on a first-come-first-served basis; we must limit requests to one copy of each type of suitcase per school at any one time to allow more borrowers access to the models. Should a model be unavailable for the time you have requested, you will be contacted with information as to the availability of the model.
- Loan period is 1 week, with 1 week allowed for return shipping (2 weeks total).
- If two or more instructors from a single institution wish to use a model consecutively, and a model is not scheduled for another school, the loan period may be extended to 2 weeks, with an additional week for return shipping (3 weeks total).
- Multiple suitcases may be ordered by one instructor or institution at the same time, but borrowers may not borrow two suitcases of the same model at the same time.
- Please order at least 10 days in advance of when you need the models, though sooner is better! We need time to process your request, and we only ship models Monday-Friday via ground transportation. If you need a model faster, we can ship 2nd day or overnight, but you must pay for shipping.
- There is no charge for borrowing models. The borrower is responsible for any return shipping charges.
- Models are available to any middle school, high school or college educator, as well as outreach staff.
- Late return of models will result in charge of a late fee; excessive lateness will result in loss of future borrowing privileges.
- Feedback from educators as to the impact of these models on student learning is necessary to secure ongoing support of the Model Lending Library.
If you find a model in our Model Gallery that is not currently available through the Model Lending Library, please contact Margaret Franzen, email@example.com or (414) 277-2824 to inquire about borrowing the model. We are delighted to loan these models for educational purposes when they are not needed in our programs!
This unique Model Lending Library is jointly supported by MSOE and funds from an NIH-SEPA award and NSF-CCLI award #0618688. Additional funding from the William Stark Jones Foundation for 2011-2012 is covering the cost of shipping the models to patrons.